Raleigh Criminal Defense Law Firm
Apex Criminal Defense Attorney


Criminal Law Blog


Apex Criminal Law Blog

Law Offices Of Wiley Nickel, PLLC


I Missed My Court Date, What Do I Do Now?


The first thing that you have to do is make your best effort to attend court. If you miss your court date, a judge may issue what’s called a bench warrant. This warrant means that you can be arrested, and this warrant is very similar in function to a standard arrest warrant. The judge doesn’t always issue these bench warrants, but the judge has the discretion to do so.

The police might actively pursue you, if you have been charged with a Felony or other serious crime. That doesn’t mean that the police won’t pursue you if your offense is traffic-related, or some other minor offense.

Your best bet is to bring all documentation that might explain your absence, and to contact your lawyer to see what your options are. Your lawyer may be able to explain why you missed the court date, and may be able to reschedule the court date quickly.

You need experienced lawyers who can help keep your interests in mind and get the best outcome possible for you. Call the Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC. You can call for a FREE consultation at 1 (919) 585-1486, or contact Kristi Haddock at kristi@wileynickel.com, or Wiley Nickel at wiley@wileynickel.com.

Kristi Haddock